Up to date Friday, January 20, 2023 at 4:45pm
Discover the proper issues to do in H-City with our Weekend Information for Thursday, January 26 to Sunday, January 29, 2023.
Add an Occasion, Supply or Attraction
Have an occasion, attraction, or providing that we missed? Tell us at [email protected] or order a Boosted Calendar Itemizing and we’ll add it inside one enterprise day (often sooner). Contact us at [email protected] to study extra.
Issues to Do
All Weekend Lengthy
- Houston Auto & Boat Present at NRG Heart | Each day – Two huge annual H-City occasions return to NRG in the identical weekend, with 5 days of the newest and finest autos accessible on land and sea. $15 upfront; $20 on the door; free for ages 4 and underneath. Instances range.
- Cirque du Soleil presents Kooza at Sam Houston Race Park | Each day | Opening Weekend – Returning to Houston for the second time in 10 years, the thrilling circus arts of Cirque du Soleil excite underneath the large high in Northwest Houston, that includes acrobatics, daredevil performances, laughter and marvel. $49 and up. Instances range.
- Paranormal Cirque at Katy Mills | Each day | Closing Weekend – This macabre circus options acrobats, illusionists, mysterious creatures and extra. $20; $10 for ages 13 to 17. No admittance for ages underneath 13. Instances range.
- CraftTexas 2022 at Houston Heart for Modern Craft | Thursday to Saturday | Closing Weekend – Drawn from a pool of greater than 250 candidates, this juried exhibition options a few of the finest in Texas-made modern craft—with a very sturdy displaying of fiber, metallic and blended media—providing items that talk to the artists’ private tales of wrestle and resilience. 10am to 5pm.
- Drunk Shakespeare on the Emerald Theatre | Thursday to Saturday | Opening Weekend – 5 skilled actors assemble on stage to carry out one of many nice performs of Shakespeare with a catch—one actor downs 5 pictures of whiskey previous to the efficiency and the opposite actors attempt to maintain the script on monitor. $39 and up. Instances range.
- Houston Sprint 2023 Open Tryouts at Houston Sports activities Park | Friday & Saturday – Should you suppose you’ve what it takes to crack an NWSL roster, the Sprint will give you the prospect to show it on a first-come, first-served foundation in South Houston. $125. 9am.
- The Riot Comedy Membership presents Anthony DeVito at Rudyard’s | Friday & Saturday – For 3 reveals over the weekend, the NYC-based comic brings his award-winning model of humor and insights to the upstairs stage in Montrose. Instances range.
Cirque du Soleil: Kooza
at Sam Houston Race Park
Returning to Houston for the second time in 10 years, the thrilling circus arts of Cirque du Soleil excite underneath the large high in Northwest Houston, that includes acrobatics, daredevil performances, laughter and marvel.
$49 and up | Instances range
- Comic Mark Curry at Houston Improv | Friday to Sunday – The Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper actor and comic hits the West Houston comedian stage for 5 reveals over the weekend. Tickets are offered by the desk; 40 for two, and up. Instances range.
- Paradise Blue at Ensemble Theatre | Friday to Sunday | Opening Weekend – When gifted trumpeter Blue considers promoting his jazz membership in Detroit, the fates of many are thrown into query. This drama is infused with music, and explores the connections that make us human. This manufacturing runs by means of Sunday, February 26. $34 and up. Showtimes range.
- Houston Grand Opera presents Werther at Wortham Heart | Friday & Sunday – Massanet’s elegant opera is a narrative of unrequited love that cascades to a tragic finish. Not often seen, this opera is again on the HGO stage for the primary time in 40 years. $20 and up. Friday 7:30pm; Sunday 2pm.
- Galveston Museum Day in Galveston | Saturday & Sunday – Rating tickets at discounted charges to almost a dozen of Galveston Island’s museums, together with the Railroad Museum, Moody Mansion, Bryan Museum, the Grand 1894 Opera Home, and extra. Costs and occasions range.
- Yr of the Rabbit Celebration at Viet Hoa Heart | Saturday & Sunday | FREE – Rejoice the Lunar New Yr with back-to-back days of festivities, together with appearances by metropolis officers, crimson envelope ceremonies, dancing and music, lion dance performances, and far more. 11am to 6pm.
- 2023 Entice & Paint Houston at Grooves | Saturday & Sunday – Set free your internal artist whereas letting unfastened to lure hits and having fun with connoisseur meals at this two-day occasion in Third Ward. Tickets can be found for three-hour time slots. $20 and up. Instances range.
- Monster Jam at NRG Stadium | Saturday & Sunday – Marvel on the gravity-defying expertise of monster vehicles when Monster Jam arrives in Houston. Fan favorites like Grave Digger and others will take to the filth course for freestyle, expertise challenges and racing competitions throughout every of the scheduled occasions. $20 and up. Saturday 7pm; Sunday 3pm.
Flower Retailers, Northeast Houston & Extra Locations
- Finest Flower Retailers in Houston – Whether or not you’re gearing up for Valentine’s Day or trying to clean up your dwelling house, we’ve gathered a dozen flower outlets which might be able to serve you.
- Should Do Issues in Northeast Houston – Plate up with some ‘que, take to the pickleball courts, camp out on the lake, and luxuriate in our different picks for the 5 should do issues in Northeast Houston.
- Lunar New Yr Celebrations in Larger Houston – Rejoice the Yr of the Rabbit at cultural festivals, eating places, breweries, parks and extra, throughout Larger Houston.
- Finest Locations for Mocktails in Houston – Begin the yr with sober celebrations at our 11 picks of Houston bars and eating places serving up alcohol-free cocktails for January 2023.
- High 27 Breweries in Larger Houston – Discover what’s on faucet at 27 of the town’s finest breweries and taprooms, from the internal loop to Galveston, Conroe and past.
- Restricted Time Museum Reveals & Artwork Installations Round Larger Houston | Each day | Many FREE – Discover the various putting, beautiful, and various displays exploring historical past, science, artwork, tradition, and creativity across the Larger Houston metro space.
January 26, 2023
at Social Beer Backyard
Thursday, January 26
The Midtown beer backyard hosts one other version of its Thursday evening dance social the place you possibly can groove to merengue, cumbia and salsa.
No Cowl | 8pm
- Extra Nice Issues to Do All Weekend Lengthy – Among the greatest issues to do are taking place all weekend lengthy. Scroll up and see our record, or browse Houston Experiences to save lots of on museum passes, excursions, and extra.
January 27, 2023
- Worldwide Holocaust Remembrance Day at Holocaust Museum Houston | FREE – On the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau, HMH welcomes guests with free admission to discover the historical past of the Holocaust in addition to the continuing wrestle for human rights across the globe. 10am to 5pm.
- Trebly Park Grand Opening in Downtown | FREE – Three blocks from Toyota Heart, Trebly Park is unveiled to the general public with a free celebration that includes candy treats from Tout Suite, canine parks, carnival video games, and dwell music from Davi Jay & the Bourbon Avenue Expertise. 2pm to 7pm.
- Intertwined, Wined & Dined at Houston Botanic Backyard – Get pleasure from an unique after hours sundown tour of the Houston Botanic Backyard and its latest exhibition, Steve Tobin’s Intertwined: Exploring Nature’s Networks. Then, sit across the courtyard for an immersive 5-course pop-up dinner and wine pairing from Chef Thomas Stacy. $260. 5pm to eight:30pm.
- Summer time Rebels Film Screening at Czech Heart Museum Houston | FREE – The Czech cultural heart hosts a screening of the 2020 movie directed by Martina Sakova, Summer time Rebels, a couple of boy who units off on his personal journey when his mother takes management of summer season plans. 6pm to 8pm.
- Houston, We Want a Title Opening Reception at Reeves Artwork & Design | FREE – In Montrose, Reeves brings collectively the works of greater than 25 Texas artists in a showcase that spans a number of types and eclectic tastes. Take a second within the week main as much as submit your title thought for the present and it simply could also be introduced because the winner on the opening reception. 6pm to 9pm.
- Friday Evening Flights: The ’80s Trivia Evening at City South HTX | No Cowl – On the Arts District brewery, you possibly can take part in a very tubular trivia evening concerning the ’80s whereas having fun with themed frozen beers and complimentary popcorn. 6:30pm.
Houston, We Want a Title
at Reeves Artwork & Design
Friday, January 27
In Montrose, Reeves brings collectively the works of greater than 25 Texas artists in a showcase that spans a number of types and eclectic tastes. Take a second within the week main as much as submit your title thought for the present and it simply could also be introduced because the winner on the opening reception.
FREE | 6pm to 9pm
- A Barrel Aged Night at Saint Arnold Brewery – Visitors can get an unique glimpse contained in the Saint Arnold Barrel Room and luxuriate in a plethora of barrel aged beers from its cellar. Admission contains samplings of 11 barrel aged beers, two straight-from-the-barrel tastings, open bar pours from its common lineup of suds, a heavy appetizer buffet, memento glass, Barrel Room tour, and 500 mL bottle of Vanilla Mocha Bourbon Barrel Dedication Imperial Stout to take house. $80. 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Noah Kahan in Live performance at White Oak Music Corridor – The people pop singer-songwriter brings songs from his October launch, Stick Season, to the downstairs stage at White Oak. Tickets are offered out on the venue, however you might discover hard-to-get seats utilizing the TicketNetwork on-line market. 7pm.
- Winter Beer Dinner at B-52 Brewing – In Conroe, the adventurous brewery in a wooded setting hosts a scrumptious five-course dinner, expertly paired with 5 tasty choices from the faucets. $65. 7pm to 9pm.
- Charlie y La Tribu Cubana in Live performance at MECA TBH Heart – The Second Ward cultural heart hosts Charlie y La Tribu Cubana, enjoying Latin music indigenous to Cuba, together with the standard Son-Montuno from Santiago, the funky Havana-Miami model salsa, and timba. $20. 7:30pm.
- Aperio presents Sizzling Buttered Rumba at MATCH – Showcasing the adventurous spirit of up to date Latin American music, Aperio’s Sizzling Buttered Rumba irreverently explores the spellbinding lyricism, sensuous harmonies, and daring rhythmic gestures that outline South American classical and widespread musical types. $35. 7:30pm.
- Glow within the Glades 2023 at Clay Household Jap Glades – This sixth annual occasion invitations the general public to affix Memorial Park Conservancy’s younger professionals group, City Wild, for an evening of open bar and lightweight bites, a silent disco, ice carving and extra. $100 and up. 7:30pm to 11pm.
Glow within the Glades
at Jap Glades
Friday, January 27
This sixth annual occasion invitations the general public to affix Memorial Park Conservancy’s younger professionals group, City Wild, for an evening of open bar and lightweight bites, a silent disco, ice carving and extra.
$100 and up | 7:30pm to 11pm
- Junior H in Live performance at 713 Music Corridor – One of many fathers of corrido tumbado, the younger guanajuatense, Junior H plans to show up at 713 with music from his 2022 launch, Mi Vida En Un Cigarro 2. $59 and up. 7:45pm.
- The Music of Sam Cooke on the Grand 1894 Opera Home – Bradd Marquis brings the enduring soul singer to life in Galveston’s opera home with a night of Sam Cooke’s legendary soul hits. $36 and up. 8pm.
- pH-1 in Live performance at Warehouse Dwell – The South Korean rapper involves EaDo, bringing with him tracks from his 2022 album, However for Now Go away Me Alone. $40. 8pm.
- Eric Tessmer, with Selfless Lovers in Live performance at Rockefeller’s – The Austin blues guitarist heads to the legendary Rockefeller’s stage, joined by Selfless Lovers. $13 and up. 8pm.
- Hector Ward & the Massive Time in Live performance on the Continental Membership – Get all the way down to an excellent time when this 8-piece band brings their mix of rock, blues, funk and Afro-Cuban roots to the Mid-Essential live performance venue. $17 and up. 8pm.
- Honor by Suzanne Bocanegra & Lili Taylor at Moody Heart for the Arts | FREE – Houston artist Suzanne Bocanegra presents an unique “artist discuss” carried out by movie and tv actor Lili Taylor, accompanied by vocalists from Rice’s Shepherd College of Music. 8pm to 9pm.
- Moon Hooch in Live performance at Warehouse Dwell – The Brooklyn-based nu jazz trio provides an evening of saxophone and percussion in EaDo. $18. 9pm.
- Extra Nice Issues to Do All Weekend Lengthy – Among the greatest issues to do in Houston are taking place all weekend lengthy. Scroll as much as see our record, or browse Houston Experiences to save lots of on museum passes, excursions, and extra.
Issues to Do on Saturday, January 28 & Sunday, January 29, 2023.
You should definitely subscribe to our free Weekend Planner e mail and obtain a round-up of nice issues to do that weekend in Houston in your inbox each week. Click on right here to enroll.
Add Your Occasion
Don’t see your occasion? Order a Boosted Calendar Itemizing and we’ll add it inside one enterprise day. Or contact our promoting workforce to study bigger campaigns, together with bulk and low cost choices.